Proud supporter of:
Proudly sponsored by:
This Ability, NOT Disability is about the journey of a learning-challenged son who defied the odds and overcame all adversities to realize his dreams of becoming a passionate dog behaviorist and trainer, helping people help dogs.
Life is full of surprises. When life throws a curve ball at you, you can either let it defeat you, or put out your anchor of hope and rise above all challenges. Winnie shows you how she discovered her son’s passion and what she did to help him get to where he wanted to be. You will uncover a mother’s unconditional love and the special bond she formed with her son. There were heartbreaks, tears, laughter, and joy throughout their twenty-year journey together. The instruments of success are shared selflessly in this book in hopes to inspire readers: When opportunity knocks, always be willing to take a chance; smash through any fears and take the leap of faith into the unknown; maintain a “can do” and “do whatever it takes” mindset; and most importantly, never, ever give up. You have what it takes to live the best life your heart desires. Spread your wings and reach for the stars. Life is beautiful.
To face your fears head on and be willing to take risks—life is full of possibilities. This Ability, Not Disability is a beautiful testimony that anyone who believe and seek to push his/her boundaries, the possibility is infinite. Your life, your choice. There is no in between.
UNCOVER THESE PAGES…
- This Ability, NOT Disability – Uncover the incredible talent within.
- Mind power: thoughts become things.
- View obstacles and challenges as your personal stepping-stones towards growth.
- Let go of your limiting beliefs and focus on convictions that will help you win.
- Always inspire and be inspired.
- Opportunities will find you if you keep your heart and mind open.
- Dream big and stretch your goals.
- Focus – there will be interruptions in life.
- Decision Making: Take the leap of faith.
- It’s your life. You deserve nothing but the best and can achieve everything your heart desires. Don’t settle for anything less.
- Be compassionate and kind to one another.
- Discover your passion and live a fulfilled life—be more, do more, have more, and give more.
“Life is great, and this book is a shining reminder of that. We are continually reminded that no matter how difficult life seems, it’s where we choose to put our focus that matters. Winnie captures us as we see her son bloom through her eyes; she imparts with us her own journey in striving to provide the most extraordinary version of life there is to her son.”
Author of POSITIVITHINK™
“This is a captivating story of hope, determination, and hard work. The challenges that we experience are part of what life is all about; this book perfectly demonstrates that we, as individuals, strive to persevere no matter the challenges and hardship fate decides to throw at us.”
—Alexander Robert Figueroa
Author of Assess This!
“There really is nothing in this world quite like a mother’s love. Winnie does a spectacular job in illustrating that for us through her book. This Ability, NOT Disability takes us on her son’s journey through life with a disability. Unlike most of the materials available on this delicate subject, she truthfully relays her son’s successes and victories without any of the pity or sadness. She fills these pages with a hopeful and positive attitude, and reminds us that we are all capable of anything as long as we work towards it. Through her son’s story, we learn that no obstacle is too big to stop us from achieving our dreams.”
Author of STEPP (Start to Exercise Personal Power)