William Phua & Christina Heng
Most people only day dream about having more money to retire early and travel the world. Most people dream of being their own bosses. Most complain a lot about not being appreciated in their job or being underpaid. Most people procrastinate from taking action by making excuses that the time is not right, that they do not have enough capital to start their businesses. For most people, every idea that they come across will immediately be offset by negative thoughts. Most people still think that having a “stable” job is better than taking a risk to venture out on their own, but at the same time, they still toy with the idea of wanting to have more money to retire early. Most people just keep making excuses and complaining.
This book highlights why it is important to stop procrastinating and take the first step, even though the future vision is unclear. Many fears are unfounded and overthinking is the biggest mistake. Write your GOAL CARD. You do not have to be the best but you have to be the first. Be courageous and be passionate about whatever you want to do. Persistency is a must and failure is part of the journey to success. Without failure, there is no success. Keep challenging the protocol to find out if things can be done better. Don’t be a copycat. Always remember that you are not a tree and you can change your present position if you are not happy with where you are.
LEARN HOW TO…
Develop ways to become successful in business by being different, and provide a thinking process that can be applied to our daily lives. Don’t expect to be treated like a King just because you are bringing benefits to others because it will not end up in a win-win situation.
UNCOVER IN THESE PAGES…
Others before Self. If you help as many people as possible to achieve what they want, they will ultimately help you achieve what you want.
• Trusting people in your life. Not all people are born evil. A few untruthful individuals should not stop you from trusting the rest.
• Responsibility must go hand in hand with authority.
• Do not follow protocol blindly. Keep challenging yourself if it can be done in another more efficient way. Just because it has been done in this way does not mean that it has to continue to be done in that same way.
• Understanding people’s need and helping them will also help you achieve what you need. Start with your employees and they will treat your customers the right way.
• The past should not dictate your future. It’s a lesson learned to gear you up for greater things ahead. Focus on what you want and you will get what you focus on.
• Continue learning, unlearning and relearning. In this fast-moving society, just by staying put itself is moving backwards. You don’t have to be the best, just be the first.
• With every sunset, there will be a sunrise. You never know where the finish line is so keep pushing forward. Be patient and keep a good attitude while waiting.
• Progress is impossible without change. You have to keep being creative and experimenting with new things because doing what everyone is doing is suicidal.
• There are different routes to the same destination. The moment you are ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens.
• Stop chasing money and start chasing your passion. Don’t find customers for your products, find products for your customers.
• Never try to make all the money that’s in a deal. Do not take the last penny off the table, otherwise, you won’t have many deals in the future.
• No one gets anywhere unless he knows where he is going. Record your dreams and goals on a GOAL CARD and keep it with you day and night. As long as you are committed, the HOW will reveal itself.
• When you lose, don’t lose the lesson. Instead, lose your fear of being wrong to live a creative life.