Sandi Lindgren, PhD
Do you love working with youth, but get frustrated at their lack of motivation? How often have you wished you had more “tools” in your toolbox? Tired of wondering if teenagers you are serving need to see a therapist? Are you frustrated lying awake at night wondering what to do with a certain young adolescent?If you work with youth, or if your organization serves youth, I Support YOUth! is the book for you! Sandi Lindgren walks you through the ins and outs of life coaching and brings you a supportive model perfect for coaching and working with youth.
Research has found that youth who experience coaching have increased self-determination, self-efficacy, self-confidence, and hope while improving their academic performance and building resilience. Increase your effectiveness and success in your work with youth through this breakthrough supportive coaching model.
UNCOVER IN THESE PAGES…
- Why coaching youth? How does it work and what’s in it for me?
- A Supportive Youth Coaching Model: Core Knowledge, Core Principles, and Core Methods.
- Development stages of youth: early adolescence, middle adolescence, and late adolescence.
- When should you refer to a mental health professional?
- What are the ethical considerations for coaching minor youth?
- ICF core competencies with a youth focus.
- 15 skills of Emotional Intelligence and how it aids teenagers learning.
- Insight into what youth coaches need: training, collaboration, supervision, awareness, and cooperation.