Many professionals fear the raging storm of retrenchment in the workplace—dreading that they will be let go after cutbacks and downsizing, and may have to start over again. In the last two-to-three decades, working professionals have been hit hard by retrenchment; no one wants to see it coming, and it’s difficult to prepare for. Retrenchment of Professionals, Managers, and Executives (PMEs) in their 40s and 50s is a common occurrence, and at this age, finding other employment with similar pay and benefits can be a daunting undertaking. For many, it’s an impossible task.
“What can I do if I’m retrenched?” This is a question that keeps many professionals up at night.
Having personally experienced the axe, and with many friends and former colleagues who have faced similar consequences, I offer you Retrenchment Proofing! To free yourself of the fears of retrenchment, you‘ll need the right mind-set and a war chest of key professional skills. This two-pronged approach to professional development can see you through the raging storm of retrenchment should it blow your way.
- Learn to embrace a retrenchment-proof mindset.
- Build a war chest of skills that are relevant to the marketplace.
- In the face of retrenchment, follow proven steps to help keep you stay afloat and on solid ground.
UNCOVER IN THESE PAGES…
Stay future-ready in your career planning in the face of a volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous corporate world. Learn the tools you will need to endure retrenchment.
- Learn about the forces that trigger retrenchment in the marketplace today.
- Learn to predict retrenchment markers before they become a real threat.
- Discover trends in the job market by taking a macro view: By 2030, what kind of jobs will be hot and what types of jobs will disappear?
- Uncover the skills you will need to survive a changing future.
- Learn which phase in the enterprise life cycle your company or business unit is in, and predict where job culling is likely to take place.
- Learn financial planning tips that will help you stay retrenchment proof.
- Learn about the retrenchment proof mind-set, allowing you to overcome negative emotions and turn a crisis into an opportunity.
- Learn to overcome worries and fear after retrenchment and how to move on towards positive outcomes.
- Learn where and how to look for valuable new job opportunities, how to secure interviews, or how to become a successful entrepreneur.
- Learn how you can retire younger and embrace active living according to your own passions.
“Here is a powerhouse book of practical and solid advice on Retrenchment Proofing with confidence that simply works. Apply Peter Chuang’s skills and knowledge and you’ll feel much more empowered. A fantastic book.”
Author of Suite Living
“So many Professionals, Managers and Executives fail to Retrenchment Proof oneself. Reading the strategies and tips in this book will help anyone to overcome the fear, obstacle and close the chapter well in one’s career paths.”
—Tan Choon Kiang
Authors of Life Makeover
“The information in this book just works. I knew there should be an easy way to retrenchment proof effectively and this is it.”
—Meor Amer Reza
Authors of The Greatest Gift
“Anyone who’s ever wanted to be able to retrenchment proof confidently can benefit from the down-to-earth knowledge in this book.”
—Berns David Lucanas
Author of Time Is Up!
“As a how-to guide, this book contains everything you may need to know. Brimming with straightforward strategies anyone can use to overcome the key fears associated with retrenchment and reinventing oneself.”
Author of The 6 Dimensions