Many people yearn to become dog trainers but don’t have a clue as to what it really entails. Some are looking to change careers, to do some thing they find more rewarding. Fear is a strong barrier to change, but this book will help you overcome that uneasiness, so you will have the confidence to set out on your own dog-training venture. More Than a Dog Whisperer will explore all the particulars of the industry so you can then make an educated decision to enroll in dog-training school.
Working with animals is a true gift to all who have the opportunity. If you’re passionate about dogs and their relationships with humans, patient and comfortable working on your own as well as with dog owners, and interested in continual self-education and betterment, then this book is for you! Mark “Dogman” Castillero will help you launch and direct your career by providing insightful advice gained through forty years of experience in working as a dog trainer.
Learn How To. . .
- Launch and direct your career as a dog trainer.
- Take the leap of doggy faith, so you can finally break the cycle of yearning to do what you love.
- Overcome the fear of leaving your secure job to do something you love instead.
- The power of investing in your passion and how it can lead to a most successful, fulfilling living.
This book provides wisdom and insights that will answer questions such as:
- What are the demands and hours of a dog-training job?
- Should I work for myself or someone else?
- How do I start my own dog-training business?
- What areas of dog training do I feel my interests and talents are best suited for?
In These Pages, You Will Uncover. . .
Have you ever dreamt of working as a dog trainer? This insider’s look into the life of a canine teacher offers guidance and how-to tips for launching your career.
- Dog Training 101: The various types of dog training you should familiarize yourself with.
- Working with man’s best friend is a transformational, rewarding, and primal experience. Castillero shares his dogman wisdom on the magic of dog training.
- The first steps of becoming a dog trainer: Each journey into dog training is unique. Castillero introduces several different avenues so you can choose the best one for you.
- Working as a dog trainer isn’t all fun and games; it’s also a business. Castillero walks you through the basics of the technical and logistical aspects of the business, such as marketing, advertising, accounting, and contracts.
- Evaluation is key. First, you must attain a good read on the dog, then do the same in regard to the owner. Interacting with pups has its own challenges, but interactions with their humans can be the challenging part of the job. Set yourself up for success by engaging in a very important initial consultation.
- Developing your own business is no easy feat. Learn the things you need to do to ensure stability and continual growth.
- In the realm of professions that work with animals, safety is key. Protect yourself — as well as the dogs, your clients, and employees — with these important tips.
“As a how-to guide, this book contains everything you may need to know. Brimming with straight forward strategies anyone can use to overcome the key fears associated with becoming a dog trainer and starting your own dog training business.” – Ahmad Duranai B. Arch., MBA, OAA, BTC, author of The Leadership Zone
“Anyone who’s ever wanted to be able to have a dog training business confidently can benefit from the down-to-earth knowledge in this book. If I could read only one book on becoming a dog trainer More Than a Dog Whisperer is the one I would choose.“ – Alexander Robert Figueroa, author of Assess This!
“Powerful, practical and solid advice on becoming a dog trainer with confidence. Apply Mark “Dogman” Castillero’s knowledge and you’llfeel much more.“ – Jarod Anderson and T.L. Anderson, authors of Five Star Mentality
“More Than a Dog Whisperer cuts straight to the chase on what you need to do to make the most of the opportunities that come your way.“ – Jeffrey Alan Grinel, author of Don‘t Rack Your Brain, RockUrBrain
“This book belongs in the collection of every self respecting DOG TRAINER. Here is a powerhouse book of tips, tactics and approaches for A DOG TRAINER that simply work.“ – Berns David Lucanas, author of Time Is Up!
“A fantastic book. With such a diversified background you can really benefit from More Than a Dog Whisperer.“ – Tan Choon Kiang, author of Life Makeover
Have question? Email or Call Us Now