Does it feel like your life is spinning out of control at times? That your relationships have hit a flat spot, your career path is unclear or unsatisfying, and nothing seems to excite you anymore? Are you turning to alcohol or other indulgences to help you make it through the day?
In The Identity Shift, Lisa Wolny shares with us how to transform an overwhelmed, stress-filled life from a series of meaningless, shallow routines to one of deep fulfillment, vibrant health, and rewarding relationships.
At 30 years old, with two small children at home, Lisa suffered a debilitating stroke that left her paralyzed and helpless. Nine years later came life test number two, when Lisa and her husband had not one but two surprise babies. For this mother of four, multiple sleepless nights with two toddlers in diapers and the demands of a busy home with two teenagers created the perfect emotional storm.
And on January 3, 2011, she snapped. People considered her a woman and mother of inspiration, but what they didn’t realize was she was dying inside. The Identity Shift walks you through the nine core themes of an identity shift and the triumphant story of how an overweight, unhappy mom, who after a visit to rock bottom, changed her life and identity to become a champion WBFF Pro Figure Model, sought-after health and wellness coach, and multiple six-figure-income earner.
LEARN HOW TO…
- Catapult your life from surviving to thriving.
- Identify the nine core themes and how-tos of an identity shift.
- Transform an overwhelmed, stress-filled life from a series of meaningless, shallow routines to one of deep fulfillment, vibrant health, and rewarding relationships.
- Shift your focus from problems that weigh you down to solutions that work.
- Build success habits for healthier daily routines.
- Distinguish the fundamental role that personal development plays in serving others.
- Understand the impact of personal transformation on your relationships and the one relationship you cannot ignore.
- Follow the “secret sauce” to Lisa’s growing success and make it an action framework for your own.
UNCOVER IN THESE PAGES…
- I speak to women and mothers all the time about respect. Whether you’re 20, 40, or 80 years old, if you don’t respect yourself, you are going to get walked on like a doormat.
- Every experience I went through, regardless of how it affected me emotionally, was dealt with the same way: with faith and a confident belief that everything would always work itself out in my favour.
- Purpose is the reason you take action. Passion gives you the energy to keep going.
- Personal development is the essence of life. It involves knowing yourself, and knowing when you’ve had enough of your excuses.
- You have a choice about your past—not how you lived it, but how you live with it.
- If you’re working through an identity shift on your own, it will be a different kind of challenge. Without feedback or a different perspective, you are at the mercy of your existing mindset, bad habits, and established routines—the same difficulties that may have prompted your need to change in the first place.
- You do not need mine or anyone else’s permission to shine. And for those of you that feel you do, here it is. You have the right to rise and be more than you ever imagined yourself to be. You have the right to live free without fearing your own power.
- I believe the fight, faith, and love within me is a generational gift passed down to me by those who cleared their path to rise. Inspiration is not only in the future, but also in the past.
- Knowledge, when applied, is service in action.
- What doesn’t kill us makes us grateful.
- Are you a sayer or a doer?
- To build success habits that are a unique fit for you is a learning process. And for any learning to take place, you need to see the value in it.
- We must never defend ignorance or wear it like a badge.
- Once you know your story, you can rewrite difficult experiences and change them. You can tell your story in such a way that it inspires and uplifts you, or a version that drags you down and keeps you there.