Albert Einstein’s famed noble quote “Only a life lived for others is a life worth living” greatly resonates with the healthcare professionals’ conviction, who are always on their feet, focused on providing compassionate and the best possible nursing care to patients/clients, families and the community. They found joy in doing so until caring became exhausting, consequently leading to burnout and compassion fatigue.
Are you experiencing persistent and sustained stress and have lost enthusiasm in caring? If yes, this book is for you. Revitalizing Compassion is about the realities of burnout and compassion fatigue, the importance of recognizing the problem and the need to seek help, and strategies that will help rekindle or sustain the joys of helping and caring.
LEARN HOW TO…
• Utilize self-care tips on sustaining the joys of helping and caring, and prevent or manage burnout.
• Realize the importance of making a deliberate decision to unplug yourself from work.
• Enforce strategies which foster a supportive workplace.
UNCOVER IN THESE PAGES…
Facts about the burnout syndrome and its unpleasant mood and behavior changes. This book will help you develop self-care strategies to restore or sustain the joys of helping and caring and tips for a supportive workplace.
• Burnout, a slow drift
• Predisposing factors
• Implications of burnout
• Burnout as an occupational hazard
• Strategies for a supportive workplace
• Joy restored